Wednesday, March 14, 2012

India India India! Seven Days 'Til Departure

                     In exactly one week I will be getting on a plane and leaving my old life behind. 

New life, New Adventure

In eight short days I will be sleeping in my new home in India exposed to a new life, culture, language, and experience.  After a quick visit to California and a short jaunt down south to see family, my days in DC are limited... only three full days left! 

Time moves so quickly when there are a million things to get done.  So many tasks, chores, and shopping trips compile and build upon one another until moments of peace and quiet in preparation for departure are few and far between.  I know today is close to our US departure because I am selling my car, starting my anti-malarials, and packing the final suitcase that will be with me on the plane.  Days are becoming longer and more full with last minute gatherings, lists of to-dos, and final farewells from friends and family.  I have left the United States previously for months at a time, but this is the first time in my life that I will be outside of US borders for two years straight.  Needless to say, I am excited/nervous/happy/curious/elated that we are given such a fantastic opportunity to see and experience the world.
Charleston, SC sunset: the wind will take you with her...



Wish me luck and happy travels, if you like : ).

The next post will be from Mumbai! 

All good thoughts,
Christi

1 comment: