Saturday, March 31, 2012

The Land Of Speaking Doors: India Alive.

This door strikes me as regal and magnificent: fit for a king!        







Walking about the city is filled with a trove of architectural feats, creative structural treasures, and intricate aesthetic details that show pride in work, meticulous craftsmanship, and the variegated personalities of buildings and  monuments.           Yesterday morning I spent a few hours walking around town, ambling along side streets, and trolleying about... with the goal of finding something spectacular among silent moments of ordinary life.  There are so many pockets of breathtaking beauty...little pieces of heaven if you take the time and allow for the land to breathe.     
                                  Perpendicular lines cower in front of these architectural feats! 





Scalloped edging, lotus dome, iron web window: check, check, and check.  The tree enveloping the picture on the left looks like a voluptuous, dancing woman greeting the sky.  
Purple door: super check.  Why, you may say?  Pourquoi pas, I say. (Or, Why in the world not?!)  I love the bright colors that surround such seemingly mundane things.
The Kingly door in its corrugated iron zebra stripe surroundings....

The Talking Door: Mano-a-mano (Read: That's what she said!)              So glad you are able to share this journey with me!  Please feel free to comment, join the blog site follower group, or email me directly about anything you would like to know more about.       Namaste!          



3 comments:

  1. Is the door in picture five the same as the one in the first picture? And what is inside the door in picture five. It looks like it could be a playing field.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you take all of these pictures? You have a great eye and a great camera! I adore the purple gate, it's magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I took all of these pictures yesterday morning over a two-hour walk. Thank you for the kind comments, Christina! (I love the purple gate, too.)
    Rentman, the door in picture one is indeed the same as the door in picture five--I wanted to show it both close up and in its local, larger context. I think that behind the corrugated black and white tin is an older, dilapidated house with some of its remaining foundation visible through its gate. I am sure there is a great history and story behind the old property, but I have yet to learn it! Thanks so much for your questions and reading the blog.

    ReplyDelete