Monday, July 9, 2012

Thought for the Day

Never ignore those intuitions. 
When you have some slight repugnance about doing something,
listen to it. -Rumi

I saw this beautiful little girl sitting by the side of a Jain pigeon sanctuary in Mumbai, at Chowpatty Beach.  This is where many of the Ganesha statues, in honor of the elephant god, are annually carried, bathed, and immersed in the sea by thousands of devotees.  The little girl stared into the bird haven for awhile, until her curiosity overtook the expectation to stay on the outside of the bird residence.  When she walked with the birds, hundreds flew away simultaneously and, when they did, she stretched out her arms like she, too, was free.




2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you captured this - just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just going to have to learn to stand still and watch the world. In two years in Mumbai, I never stopped at the bird sanctuary, though I always wanted to...

    ReplyDelete